<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://runefficient.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Run Efficient: "All systems go for launch"

Saturday, July 30, 2011

"All systems go for launch"

Today I opted to run locally to really dial-in and check all process'. I hit Winnick Woods, the Greenbelt Trail, as it offers semi-technical conditions with varied terrain, mud, roots, rocks, streams, ponds and sheltered as well as exposed trails. I went out with a full pack of everything I'll be bringing on most legs of the 100MW. Wore the clothes, and mimicked conditions.

I tried out a visor I've worn a few times in the past and it worked well to keep the sweat out of my face, but we'll see if I bother with it. I went out much later than I wanted to today but the heat was OK with minimal humidity. There's about a .3 mile start to the trail then a larger loop of about three miles.

I did the loop twice, and on the third stopped at the pond, drained the remainder of my bladder in my handheld and scooped water. Dropped tabs, and the system worked fine, as it has on all expeditions. However I've decided for sure I won't be messing with the "dual" bladder system, and will simply use the folding side, as opposed to the screw top design. I walked a bit on the final loop as I didn't want to push it, and felt good to experience a nice rest between runs, once again mimicking the upcoming run. I made sure to carry my handheld now instead of nesting it back in the pack. That way I was sure not to slurp from the bladder while the iodine did it's thing. Half an hour later, after stomping through mud puddles, wading through water, and braving the briars and bugs, I finished the process by dumping the "tasty-tabs" in the bladder. Might be a bit trickier in the middle of the night, but oh well.

efficiency: Mudclaw's are working great to shed water quickly. Sussed out the bladder, simplifying. Practiced again eying and counting tree splotches keeping up awareness. Nuun is working well again.

distance: 9.6
duration: 2:02:00
pace: 12:43

4 Comments:

At August 1, 2011 at 7:59 AM , Blogger Scout said...

Sounds to me like you're ready! I'm psyched for you and that cool bling you'll get at the end : )

 
At August 1, 2011 at 10:00 AM , Blogger John said...

OK, so the bladder is an apparatus, not an organ.

 
At August 1, 2011 at 12:32 PM , Blogger Jeremy Bonnett said...

Thanks Val, gotta love the bling!

Yup John, I actually thought about specifying that when I wrote it as it did sound a bit weird.

 
At August 1, 2011 at 5:45 PM , Blogger mindy said...

You are ready, man!! Can't wait to cheer you guys on!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home