<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://runefficient.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Run Efficient: Da Brad

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Da Brad

Drove up with Mindy, and met with Julia, and Emma for a 7 start at da Brad. The plan was something around 15, and we were hopefully beating the heat starting early. I was in the process of narrowing down my wardrobe for the 100MW, so had some new fancy tights on and a Patagoochie top. Both are a bit more tight fitting (and slimming of course) to reduce pack friction and chaffing issues, as much as possible.

We started in rather warm conditions in a bit of rain and headed out for Mindy's loop. The heat increased quick, and the humidity added a swampy interest to the morning as we wove the winding trails. I slurped liquid as quick as it fell from my brow and deer flies swarmed like cramping Death Valley runners at a beer flavored salt lick. I went out with almost three liters and was surprised I drained my pack by the end.

Julia took a rough digger and deftly managed to miss a gnarly rock which wanted her head. Both her knees were skinned to bloody streams which she simply shook off and charged on like a true Monster. The pace seemed comfortable until the last 5 or so when I swear Mindy took a shot of mixed nuts and kicked in turbo-time, streaming through the trails on squirrel-power. My legs were done at this point and by the time we got back to the parking lot I was ready for rest and foooood. Julia took off for some more and Mindy and I headed to E&L. The run was great, with fun conversations and great laughs.

efficiency: The Nathan Synergy pak is working well now that I've sussed out the straps and bladder. The shorts and shirt worked well also.

distance: 15:00
duration: 2:53:50
pace: 11:36

3 Comments:

At July 23, 2011 at 8:59 PM , Blogger mindy said...

Fun run!! Hope it wasn't too painfully slow. Glad you managed to stay on your feet unlike the rest of us!

 
At July 24, 2011 at 10:40 PM , Blogger Scout said...

Jeremy, were you laughing all the way?

I like the image of the Super Squirrel : D

 
At July 24, 2011 at 10:42 PM , Blogger Jeremy Bonnett said...

Most of the way laughing yes, for sure!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home