<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://runefficient.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Run Efficient: Mudclaw 272 test

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Mudclaw 272 test

Tested out the Inov-8 Mudclaw 272's today after last minute replacement in preparation for the 100MW. I was torn on which model to get for about a week, the Mudroc 290 or the Mudclaw 272. The safer bet was the 290. I have about 800 miles in my old ones, and they've performed excellent. The rubber is more conducive to a long run, conditions, and I know they work. The Mudclaw evacuates water better with a more breathable upper, however the real aggressive sole is a bit more than whats needed in most New England conditions. I wanted to try them out and have them as my Fall and Winter shoe but was nervous for the upcoming endeavor. I do however really, really love my Baregrip 200's and they are similar to the Mudclaw, with the exception of the mid sole. So by the time I made my decision to go with "safety first" Inov-8 stated they were sold out of my size. Mudclaw it is, and today they got a taste of Jeremy.

Hit Stroudwater for a super fun zippy little run. I was surprised the rain we've had had already been soaked up by the earth, but every puddle and mud spot I found I made sure to hit. The shoes were a bit more roomy than I would like, but I was wearing a super light sock and there was no real issue with it. The grip is ridiculous, and the ascents and descents were effortless. The breath-ability was apparent from the very beginning, and water evacuated quickly. I felt the "new shoe" two arrow cushioning right away and was quite happy I'd grabbed another pair for the event to come. I'll write a review after a couple hundred miles.

distance: 6
duration: 50:00
pace: 8:20

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home