<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://runefficient.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Run Efficient: First mile since high school

Sunday, October 16, 2011

First mile since high school

I've been real curious for the past few weeks what it would take me to complete a mile.  Every time I drove by a track I'd watch for a break in the practices and games to test myself.  Each time I drove, or ran by though the field was busy and it just wasn't the time.

Today I was determined to figure out where my legs are at.  I drove by 4 tracks, all busy, and finally decided to just hit the Back Cove.  After a mile warm up I nervously glanced at my watch at the 1 mile marker and took off.  Took off being a very loose statement here though.  Damn sprints are hard, and I forgot that the mile ended on a bit of an uphill.  After the struggle I cooled down for the final 1.5 miles and was happy to have the baseline.  The mile took about 5:40.  That's definitely a rough number as I'm not 100% sure of the accuracy of the course markings.  It honestly didn't feel that fast so I'll be curious what the numbers will be on a real track.

distance:  3.5
duration:  25:12:32

3 Comments:

At October 17, 2011 at 8:01 AM , Blogger middle.professor said...

Lets have a TMR track down and find out!

 
At October 17, 2011 at 5:28 PM , Blogger Jeremy Bonnett said...

Sounds like a great time to me.

 
At October 17, 2011 at 6:26 PM , Blogger Jamie Anderson said...

That's actually a great idea. And while 5:40 is a great time, I bet you can do much faster than that.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home