<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://runefficient.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Run Efficient: Back Cove Experience

Monday, September 12, 2011

Back Cove Experience

Had a bit of time for a run "in town" today so decided to enjoy the sun and flatness of the back cove.  I wanted to do a nice easy recovery after yesterday's race to ease in to the week.

Started off nice and slow wanting to loosen up and get the creeks out and was surprised that the first mile went by in 8:26.  About a quarter mile later I heard someone coming up behind me and I could not help but pick up the pace.  I just didn't want to get passed.  I guess the racing juices were still flowing from yesterday.  So what was supposed to be an easy recovery run turned in to a nice workout in the sun. 

Close to the parking lot I noticed a bit of an altercation and a few drunk kids falling over with words flying around like hungry seagulls after a tasty sandwich.  I had the brief thought that I should call the 5 O as they didn't look very healthy.  A bit after thinking that I saw PPD heading over, cruiser and all to take care of business.  A few minutes later the ambulance came.  Not good. 

Fun run, nice to run without looking at the feet for obstacles once in a while.

distance:  3.5
duration:  27:02

2 Comments:

At September 13, 2011 at 5:10 AM , Blogger Jamie Anderson said...

Punks. Running would keep them out of trouble. Nice recovery run-turned-race. :-)

 
At September 13, 2011 at 9:43 PM , Blogger middle.professor said...

You didn't have to keep an eye out for the easiest path through the 1 cm pebbles?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home