<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://runefficient.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Run Efficient: Easy 4

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Easy 4

Ran on an undisclosed trail today to protect the innocent.

About a mile in to my easy recovery run from the 40 this weekend I ran in to a couple walking like zombies on the trail. They were separated by 50 feet, smoking, shuffling along and not saying a word. As I went by each of them I said "excuse me" and neither one of them moved, looked at me or even reacted in any way. I wasn't sure they actually existed for a bit until I saw their campsite, in the middle of the trail.

It's a very scenic spot if you are going to camp on a popular trail. They had the whole shebang , 3 person tent, fold-out picnic table, chairs, a full clothes line, cooler. Strange. Hit the out and back on the run and felt good, albeit with legs a bit tight, and feeling like it was time to curl up in front of a fire and watch the Goonies. On the run back through there they were kickin' it at their site talking on the phone, and smokin' a cancer stick, as a small cat dashed between them and back to the tent. Weird. This time I ran quietly behind them, trying not to disturb their evening and freak out the cat too much.

Not sure if they were actually camping for the extended weekend, or if they were more than likely squatting until household arrangements were squared away. Either way I didn't want to mention the trail and get anyone in trouble. Not that the other 3 or 4 runners I saw out there wouldn't say something anyway. Interesting run.


efficiency: It's best to have the tent door facing the rising sun for morning warmth and panoramic vistas.

distance: 4
duration: 37:20

2 Comments:

At September 6, 2011 at 11:47 PM , Blogger Scout said...

the twilight zone? wow.

 
At September 7, 2011 at 5:57 AM , Blogger Jamie Anderson said...

Very worth of Stephen King's Dark Tower series. Sure the cat wasn't really a bumbler?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home