<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://runefficient.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Run Efficient: Pineland 25k course

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Pineland 25k course

Absolutely fantastic run! Really wanted to hit the course and mostly gain back some confidence lost on my previous bunch of runs that have felt very sluggish and harder than anticipated. I decided to be simple with two electrolyte bottles and a Gu and call it good. Went out determined to stretch the legs a bit and run all the hills. The fields were a challenge with knee-high grass and unsure/unseen footing but they made for a post-hole winter feel which was comforting...yeah. I had not run all the fields since the race two years ago and they definitely bring a welcome diversity to the course. My mantra the entire run was positivity and a smile, with enjoyment. It was so nice to treat the hills with fun, see the trees swaying in the wind, scare pedestrians with sneaky footwork, and take in all the surroundings. Saw a bunch of Turkeys, a few deer, and had a cow run along the fence as I went by (she beat me by the way). Finished strong at the Oaks and lucked out on the last field with perfect clouds and a comforting breeze.

efficiency: Positive thinking and law of attraction, the mind is a powerhouse.

distance: 15
duration: 2:06:02
pace: 8:25

4 Comments:

At May 11, 2011 at 10:57 PM , Blogger middle.professor said...

that's a strong pace. will you be there saturday morning?

 
At May 11, 2011 at 11:22 PM , Blogger Scout said...

yay! I felt the fun ("scaring pedestrians" : )

 
At May 12, 2011 at 7:23 AM , Blogger Jeremy Bonnett said...

I'm shooting for 20 at Pineland Saturday.
The poor people I probably should have said excuse me. They both jumped sideways, wide-eyed thinking, as they said "I was a wild animal." Obviously not too far from the truth.

 
At May 12, 2011 at 8:03 AM , Blogger Jamie Anderson said...

Just now discovered you have a blog... sweet!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home