<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://runefficient.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Run Efficient: Turtle-time-taper

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Turtle-time-taper

Monday - Rest
Kinda how I've felt all week...

Tuesday - Robinson Woods, 6.  Nice and easy out-and-back with full winter gear on due to rainy cold conditions.

Wednesday - Back Cove, 7.2.  I intended to hit the track today, but with a late start they were already in use. So to the Back Cove it was for 6 X 800 with a two mile warm up and 1.5 cool down with 2 minute rest in between sets. It felt real good to move the legs quick and it was real fun to splash through puddles and push the bridge in the wind.  I think a pissed a few people off splashing too much though...

Thursday - Off

Friday - Blackstrap Preserve, 8.  I intended to get out for a run mid-day for my last hilly run before McNaughton but didn't make it out until after dark. So I decided to try my backup headlamps which I've run with for six years or so during night runs that require more light. One on the head, one on the waist. I'll wear a brighter single headlamp in Vermont, but wanted to make sure I had bases covered, just in case.

The conditions at Blackstrap Preserve are semi-technical with roots, and rocks on the older trails, but more importantly a lot of leaf matter built up in tiny moguls making footing even worse. It wasn't very conducive for an injury-free, steady hill run at night. Add on the thickest fog I've ever run in and it made for a very slow, very cautious jaunt. With visibility only a a couple feet, I headed off in to the woods a few times not able to tell where the trail was.

At least I'm "fog" trained for McNaughton now...


Saturday - Robinson Woods, 7.  Mellow run nice and relaxed.  Oh yeah, until a huge dog bit my hand as I ran by it and it's mutt brother and running owner.  Not cool, had some words...


Sunday - Stroudwater, 7.  OK run, nice and slow. A new section of trail has been created diverting people up the hillside and away from the highly worn area by the river making a nice new single track. Saw a few people out, one shitting in the middle of an off-shoot trail. Great visual during a run...

Time:  5:48
Distance:  35.4
Elevation:   2760

4 Comments:

At May 8, 2012 at 7:42 PM , Blogger Sparkplug said...

What a visual, indeed!!

Can't wait to see how all your awesome running pays off at Peaks! Yahoo!!!

 
At May 8, 2012 at 11:22 PM , Blogger Scout said...

your turtle is much too happy about the taper, but...I love that you're always smiling, too!

 
At May 9, 2012 at 5:43 AM , Blogger Jamie Anderson said...

Your smile will be much bigger than the turtle's when you cross that finish line. And whether you intended it or not, the turtle is a good omen in the Stephen King world. Full speed ahead, you're ready to rock!

 
At May 9, 2012 at 2:17 PM , Blogger mindy said...

You're so ready Jeremy - I'm excited to be there for your 100. It's going to be epic, man!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home