<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://runefficient.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Run Efficient: Wacky weekly weather 1/2 - 1/8

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Wacky weekly weather 1/2 - 1/8

Monday - Rest

Tuesday - Evergreen Cemetery, 8.1 miles.  Stupid cold run on the trails for the first 5 miles then a few loops through the cemetery. I wanted to hit all the trails I used to run on when I lived in the area and think I hit almost all. There are a few new links since last I was there and it's still a fun short run. The wind was blowing crazy for the final three making an easy run seem frigidly epic.

Wednesday - Back Cove, 8.57.  After a 2 mile warm up I hit a mile interval, followed by two miles, then another mile with a jog in between and a two mile cool down. Real cold again at the cove with biting winds, but not nearly as bad as yesterday. The intervals felt good with a bit of struggle heading in to the wind.

Thursday - Robinson Woods, 8.1.  Nice easy run to the ocean and back.

Friday - Blackstrap, 8.13. I wanted to do hills today so I headed to Blackstrap for some but-kicking. I didn't expect to get it so early on. About a mile in to the run right after the blue barrel on the top of the hill I hit the ice and went down hard on my hip, elbow and head. I slid a good 10 or so feet pushing up billowy snow as I slid cursing. After getting up and fervently brushing the snow off so It wouldn't melt making me too cold I walked a bit and decided to run it off.

I hit the hill repeats Jeff took me to in the Spring at the tree farm. In my head I did the math for how much time I'd have before sunset, how many repeats I could fit in in my eight mile run and how I could do it all safely. For whatever reason I had 10 repeats in my head with the incorrect math of a ten mile run instead of 8. No matter, by the time I got to 8 repeats and realized my mistake I opted for safety and headed back. It was real sketchy on the way back with dark woods and cautious footing.
(change to satellite view and hit toggle map twice for correct elevation)

Saturday - Winnick Woods, 7.89.  Really excited to have found a connector trail that leads to a road, then golf course then another road about a mile from the entrance to Robinson Woods. Hip hurt a bunch today on the run from the ice fall yesterday but it was manageable.

Sunday - Winnick Woods to the Sea, 20 miles.  Awesome run with Zak on a gorgeous relatively warm day compared to the beginning of the week.  We started at Winnick Woods hitting the outer loop then the connector to the golf course, a short jaunt down the road then on to Robinson Woods a few other trails and then Fort Williams.  On the way back we snaked a bit more through the golf course and did a couple extra loops here and there to get in as many diverse trails as possible and ensure the mileage.

Real fun running with Zak and connecting trails.  I was definitely a bit tuckered and sore today and the last bunch of miles was tough.

60.9 miles for the week.

4 Comments:

At January 9, 2012 at 12:25 AM , Blogger mindy said...

Sheeeeeat, that's a lot of miles for the week - nicely done! Can't wait to check out the Winnick Connector!

 
At January 9, 2012 at 11:04 AM , Blogger sn0m8n said...

I'm officially ducking you at any and all races.

 
At January 9, 2012 at 2:19 PM , Blogger Jeremy Bonnett said...

As in duck, duck, goose?

 
At January 10, 2012 at 5:11 PM , Blogger Jamie Anderson said...

That's a solid week right there. Good work!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home